Monday, August 09, 2004

44.

Torrid was really glad at the results. That was best than it could ever hope. At the net's darkest spots, there was even a VeriSim proving clone-kid's and the terrorist's fleshly involvement.
Landau felt a shift in the net's weight. Many people flowing unto a one destination. It was another celebrity headline:
"He's healed me and I'm back".
M&M Geller, heiress to Sidero VVA, was publicly taking her post back.
Landau felt the flux was converging into that and dozens of other similar headlines, not only in celebrity sitios but also in economy ones. He ran over the first lines of M&M's interview:

- So you didn't die? Where have you been all these years?
- No, I did die! But like I said in my communication, this man is a miracle-worker. I was revived and healed by him. Now I'm merely nine in this body, but my legal age is 29. That being my self-image, that's how I look at the VeriSim.

As usual in every Sidero communication, as a way of valuing their own technology, M&M did not put out a holovideo to personally announce her coming back, but a VeriSim instead. By the end of the headline, the link shouted out: Only believe what you see? Access M&M's VeriSim .
Of course, every replication of the headline also presented M&M's VeriSim at its end.
That's when Landau understood. He made a quick decision. He shut in his neural inhibitor and clicked the link to M&M's "communication".

No comments: